Team Shelby
TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Wow didn't know that about the ACL's...they are lively dogs I guess injuries are going to happen when they get rambunctious...Here's for a 100% recovery...:thumbsup:

Yeah, the vet said it's the most common injury he sees.  Surprising that they don't have a better surgical fix, but he said grafts don't last very long.  Stem cell is the best for them.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is the guy who would always post what he was eating that day.....   The Lobby.  I might have chosen The Pub, but The Lobby works.  Out for a drive this AM with a friend..... quite the spectacl

Took one pic of the new ride when we got it home.  Awaiting a few mods in the mail. I’ll get some more when they’re all done.  This car is amazing. It’s a lot like my Boss. ‘Course, that’s what

Facebook..... you won't ever catch me on there.  Not to mention their questionable ethics... This is as close to social media as I get both professionally and personally. 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey guys, I know a number of us on here have “BiG Hearts” when it comes to our furry friends and my daughter that lives in SanFrancisco just had to put down one of her fur kids the other day, very sad day and we couldn’t be there for her.   It was her German Shepherd that she had for 15 yrs. and that’s fairly long for that breed.  Her dog went thru a number of major surgery during it’s lifetime, including leg, hip and a few others too, but they were still lucky to have 15 yrs., just saying!     R.I.P. Myya.  

Good luck,Doc.!             Later Keefer!

Sorry to hear that.  Always tough to do that, but it's always for the best.

13 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Looks like Major League Baseball might be looking at no season after all. 
Lots of players with COVID.  What were they thinking anyway? :shrug: 

Good grief. 

It's only been the Marlins.  And that's what happens when the players don't act responsibly.  But cancelling the season would be a mistake, and a disservice to the rest of the players who are doing the right thing and staying safe.  If the Marlins can't field a team, then they can forfeit games til they can.

21 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, I’m starting to think that you and Keefer don’t really appreciate “All” the work that really goes into the process of styling techniques and designing it all into flowing lines through-out the body and making it all one in the end.  Maybe because my daughter used be the “Head” designer at her old work place and graduated from a 4yr. “Design & Marketing Program” I had a more inside look of all the hard work and what it all really involves I have a different take on it, who knows for sure!     :shrug:   

Congrats on your daughter’s  Success in design , styling techniques and marketing program. We can learn a lot from our successful kids. I’m glad women are entering this field of study. Back when I was in college it was mostly men in these fields of study. Mechanical engineering / architecture classes were mostly men back in the 70’s. My summer intern job had no women at all. Like I said it’s about time. 

Edited by mach 1 1970
2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

It's only been the Marlins.  And that's what happens when the players don't act responsibly.  But cancelling the season would be a mistake, and a disservice to the rest of the players who are doing the right thing and staying safe.  If the Marlins can't field a team, then they can forfeit games til they can.

It’s greater than that Doc. The Phils couldn’t play their game last night because the Marlins had been there the day before. 
This is a mess. 
...and this is just a start. It won’t end with “just” Marlin players. 

Edited by BIKEBOY

A very good friend of mine is now the pitching coach in Philly. He’s not so sure 

Also happens to be my neighbor. He was the Reds coach a couple years ago. Had a meltdown with a reporter after a game and it shortened his career there. :drop: 

Good read about the amount of engineering that went into the GT500

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/engineers-pushed-2020-shelby-gt500-powertrain-deliver-supercar-level-0-100-0-performance/

Edited by mach 1 1970
3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

A very good friend of mine is now the pitching coach in Philly. He’s not so sure 

Also happens to be my neighbor. He was the Reds coach a couple years ago. Had a meltdown with a reporter after a game and it shortened his career there. :drop: 

Hey Chris have you ever caught a 94 mph fastball ? . If it’s got movement you won’t catch it but your chest will. Scary stuff for Sure if you aren’t a catcher. 

Hey Mongoose your wife buys you hats  Mine buys me T Shirts. Baseball related 

23F9EF0B-2798-46B6-BC6B-35E390E704C6.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970
6 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Yeah, the vet said it's the most common injury he sees.  Surprising that they don't have a better surgical fix, but he said grafts don't last very long.  Stem cell is the best for them.

Doc do they have that stem cell option in the US for animals ?....I know people get it but thought they had to go other countries to get it...I believe

Panama is one of them.

3 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Some reporters deserve meltdowns...…...:swear:

9 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

My son was drafted out of Ga Tech twice as a pitcher by the Pirates and Rockies organization back in the 2002 and 2003 . We were talking the other day that the Major League draft only had 5 rounds this year. Plus there was no minor league baseball this year. Keeping a full roster with no minor league to pull from because of injuries ( and  Covid 19 ) would be very difficult even for a short season.
One of my most cherished experiences  was when he pitched in the College World Series on Father’s Day. Talk about the perfect gift. Lots of baseball in our house over the years. We really miss baseball this year college and major league for sure.

Even my grandsons 6 year old baseball team had one practice then canceled. Oh Crap. I use to coach those little buggers and had the best time of my life back in the 80’s. Take my son to a game in the  70 Boss 302. The kids would run out of the dug out after the game to hear it run. Funny as hell. Put all the Team baseball gear in the trunk. Fun times for sure. All the other dads in their SUVs. …:hysterical:

Your son must have been a pretty good pitcher to make it that far Mach.....:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

Your son must have been a pretty good pitcher to make it that far Mach.....:thumbsup:

Well he was good enough to keep is athletic and hope scholarship. Full ride 

Edited by mach 1 1970
8 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

MLB on hold till at least Sunday. 

13 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Congrats on your daughter’s  Success in design , styling techniques and marketing program. We can learn a lot from our successful kids. I’m glad women are entering this field of study. Back when I was in college it was mostly men in these fields of study. Mechanical engineering / architecture classes were mostly men back in the 70’s. My summer intern job had no women at all. Like I said it’s about time. 

Hey bud, thanks for the very nice comments on my daughter and her success in the field of design.  The place she worked for wasn’t challenging enough after 10 yrs. so she decided  to spread her wings and take some time off to take some more classes.   I guess it was some kind of “Boot Camp” concerning “Web-sites and stuff and she really learned alot and with her previous work background and schooling she landed a great new job that was created just for her.  She’s now employed by a “Major Hospital” making a very good living and she’s super happy with her new career!  She still loves creating things at home and will always be making something new for here family.  She’s a very smart young lady and I’m glad to call her my daughter!   :happyfeet:

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Thanks for this ‘Heads-Up” article on the new  GT500 and how and why it was deigned this way and why it was so important to do.  Great informative info on the designing and all the inside workings of that super quick new Tranny by Tremec.  This article event acknowledge, in so many words, that this new GT500 is greater than it’s cousin, the high-reving GT350, but they said that’s for another day.  I’ll admit I would love to drive it and that new Tranny sounds like it’s really “Awesome”, but I still prefer a stick, just saying!   :hide:       :whistling:

10 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Hey Chris have you ever caught a 94 mph fastball ? . If it’s got movement you won’t catch it but your chest will. Scary stuff for Sure if you aren’t a catcher. 

Hey Mongoose your wife buys you hats  Mine buys me T Shirts. Baseball related 

23F9EF0B-2798-46B6-BC6B-35E390E704C6.jpeg

All I have to say is;  “What’s Good for the Goose”!  Is Good for the Gander”!   :hysterical:

9 hours ago, svtkeith said:

:thumbsup:+1    A very ‘Proud” dad for sure!

8 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Hey BB, Coach Gruden is another former Packer’s coach who made it big in the NFL and he just received a great new car too!

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

The Supra is getting a third pedal. 

https://carbuzz.com/news/a-manual-toyota-supra-is-coming

I know some of you guys out there think the Supra is, as one fellow I know, calls it (fugly), but in my book I actually think it’s different, but kind of cool too.  And of course opinions always vary to some degree.   Adding a manual to it, like the article said, just ups the “Fun Factor” for those who prefer to really get into the driving experience and it’s capabilities.  

Thanks BB for sharing this article it was quite interesting.

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

I know some of you guys out there think the Supra is, as one fellow I know, calls it (fugly), but in my book I actually think it’s different, but kind of cool too.  And of course opinions always vary to some degree.   Adding a manual to it, like the article said, just ups the “Fun Factor” for those who prefer to really get into the driving experience and it’s capabilities.  

Thanks BB for sharing this article it was quite interesting.

I like the BMW.  Z4 looks much better....IM one and only O plus it has more HP. 

4 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, thanks for the very nice comments on my daughter and her success in the field of design.  The place she worked for wasn’t challenging enough after 10 yrs. so she decided  to spread her wings and take some time off to take some more classes.   I guess it was some kind of “Boot Camp” concerning “Web-sites and stuff and she really learned alot and with her previous work background and schooling she landed a great new job that was created just for her.  She’s now employed by a “Major Hospital” making a very good living and she’s super happy with her new career!  She still loves creating things at home and will always be making something new for here family.  She’s a very smart young lady and I’m glad to call her my daughter!   :happyfeet:

You can’t keep ambitious people down for very long. You and your better half must be proud 

8 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Hockey starts here this week.

Already !.....it’s still summer . Oh I forgot you are in big foot country..Go Red Wings  :happyfeet: the slap shot gang .

6 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

The Supra is getting a third pedal. 

https://carbuzz.com/news/a-manual-toyota-supra-is-coming

It needs more then a stick . Actually it looks like it was beat by a ugly stick. No thank you.