Team Shelby
TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hi,

If you are planning to track your car at the 2017 Shelby Bash, please keep in mind that you will need a compliant helmet.

Only helmets rated SA2010 or SA2015 are acceptable. SA2005 helmets have expired in eligibility. SMxxxx helmets are rated only for motorcycles and not allowed.

Thank you

Edited by MMcGuirk

My first Bash years ago was also my first open track event ever. If anyone falls into that same situation for the upcoming Bash, I highly recommend asking plenty of questions beforehand here on the forum and definitely once we are all on the ground in Vegas. If it weren't for the many folks I met at the Bash or on this forum and the advice they gave me, I would probably have embarrassed myself, gotten hurt, or even worse, damaged my vehicle on the track.

If you are traveling a good distance to get there, you really don't want to get to the first track day and figure out you forgot something at home. The helmet is a critical piece and there are plenty of other items that will make the track experience even more rewarding. Some things are show stoppers (helmet), others are good to have (torque wrench / air compressor), and some things are creature comforts (lap timers / racing suit). Once the Survival Guide comes out, its a great place to start figuring out what you are going to need and what you will want on track day.

Hope this is helpful to anyone getting on the track for the first time.

We will be trailering the car from FL, so will have just about every replacement part and tool available. If anyone needs anything from a torque wrench to a bottle of water, come see me,Hans, with the #76 ShelbyGT. You cant miss it, unless this year is overrun with SGT's, which I hope is the case! See you all in March!

We will be trailering the car from FL, so will have just about every replacement part and tool available. If anyone needs anything from a torque wrench to a bottle of water, come see me,Hans, with the #76 ShelbyGT. You cant miss it, unless this year is overrun with SGT's, which I hope is the case! See you all in March!

You're a good man, Charlie Brown!

:thumbsup:

Guess I will pack torque wrench in trunk...

In 2012 I did my first track day. The most important piece of advice I was given was to change the brake fluid. It was suggested to used DOT 4 for its higher boiling temp.

That day another Shelby lost its brakes and had a mishap probably due brake fluid as the pedal was soft when he applied it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.