TEAM SHELBY FORUM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

next time you see an ad like that PM me!!!!   my guess is that it was a spoof

AFDude10: "If you factor in aesthetics it doesn't surprise me the 2011 GT350. The thing looks atrocious. It looks like a teenager that just watched Fast and the Furious got a hold of a Mustang and

I don't argue with your opinion, it is yours and you are entitled to it. I am not sure what you drive, as there are no pictures or descriptions of anything you own, but if I had a less than positive

Posted Images

And that was the biggest production year. In 2013, the year mine was built, only 36 were made.

Damn, looks like those would be the ones to put in the bubble if you are so inclined. It would be these GT350s and likely not the 50,000 GT500s now would it?

Damn, looks like those would be the ones to put in the bubble if you are so inclined. It would be these GT350s and likely not the 50,000 GT500s now would it?

That's always been my thought, but I enjoy driving this car too much. A trailer queen or bubble baby it is not. :shift:

That's always been my thought, but I enjoy driving this car too much. A trailer queen or bubble baby it is not. :shift:

Good for you and glad to hear that. tThey were meant to be driven regularly. I'll bet you get compliments every time you have it out. Just love the looks of the SAI GT350s.

Good for you and glad to hear that. tThey were meant to be driven regularly. I'll bet you get compliments every time you have it out. Just love the looks of the SAI GT350s.

Thanks, and I do get many stares and compliments. Always interesting to take it and my '68 KR to a car show. Everyone under 40 loves the new GT350, everyone over 55 or so loves the old KR more. Generations are different.

Thanks, and I do get many stares and compliments. Always interesting to take it and my '68 KR to a car show. Everyone under 40 loves the new GT350, everyone over 55 or so loves the old KR more. Generations are different.

I'm 60 and would enjoy seeing your '68 but would much prefer the new GT350 you have. The old stuff is cool to look at but is really just a bunch of archaic junk once it starts rolling.

Not everyone Mike!!

No what I meant was how can anyone buy a car like this and not drive it. I am simply amazed by number of these Shelby/SVT vehicles that are offered for sale by owners who barely used them at all. Very bizzare. Guys take a 20 or 30 thousand dollar whack on these things and only put a couple hundred miles on them.

This is true I drive everything I own! However, the deal with my 2013 with 365 miles is unique as one I made a big mistake buying it then I had an injury that made it difficult to drive let alone a high performance car then I was seriously injured at the hospital so I couldn't drive any of mine for about 8-9 months. I drove my 92 SAAC all the time and these are the rarest of them all but same issue these 2 injures made me frustrated as hell and haven't used either car so I'm selling them so someone can use them. I usually use my 08 GT/SC and the 11 GT350 but even the 08 has been sitting can't drive due to as soon as you hit the gas pain shoots straight up your spine and you want to hit the next tree to make it stop. I drive the Raptor no pain go figure

This is true I drive everything I own! However, the deal with my 2013 with 365 miles is unique as one I made a big mistake buying it then I had an injury that made it difficult to drive let alone a high performance car then I was seriously injured at the hospital so I couldn't drive any of mine for about 8-9 months. I drove my 92 SAAC all the time and these are the rarest of them all but same issue these 2 injures made me frustrated as hell and haven't used either car so I'm selling them so someone can use them. I usually use my 08 GT/SC and the 11 GT350 but even the 08 has been sitting can't drive due to as soon as you hit the gas pain shoots straight up your spine and you want to hit the next tree to make it stop. I drive the Raptor no pain go figure

Wow, sorry to hear about your physical troubles. Hopefully things improve and you can get back to automotive interests! Its gotta be really tough to have these kind of cars and not be able to fully enjoy them.

• 5 months later...

Of course I am extremely biased, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder

attachicon.gif53-saac38.jpg

As far a boy racerish, it's no wonder the car was penned by Larry Woods - the great Hot Wheels design chief.

I will drag race or compare lap times with any GT350 anywhere!

Oh, you are so on Michael. Lets do a little comparo between yours and any new GT350 on a road course :)

:read:

Great news!!! Now, where are those stats??? :stats: ...references please!! :hysterical2:

:lurk:

:read:

Great news!!! Now, where are those stats??? :stats: ...references please!! :hysterical2:

:lurk:

Here: Like I said total of 36 built in 2013, of all styles, colors, etc. Mine was an easy 1 or 1, but with so few built, who cares, right?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/87229-2013-shelby-gt350-build-numbers/

Here: Like I said total of 36 built in 2013, of all styles, colors, etc. Mine was an easy 1 or 1, but with so few built, who cares, right?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/87229-2013-shelby-gt350-build-numbers/

:doh:

No! ..Noooh Mikey! !!! ..the stats on the car year/model (Love) preference according to age group!!!

:waiting: .... :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2::speedie:

:future:

We had the opportunity at the Bash, but you didn't track your new 350....interesting

Interesting, how about not stupid, tracking a car with less the 100 miles on the clock

Michael-

I've never heard of any SAI built 350 overheating during a track session, have you?

Pat

And neither the Track pack or the R do, your point sir?

I was simply asking a question of Michael

My appologies sir

The later model GT350's are extreemly desirable vehicles. I would love to have one and I like the way they look, But, thier prices keep me out of the car. Haven driven both on track in stock form, the 11-14 GT350 will not compete with the newer models, thats expected. I would hope that would be the case. I have driven a stock Shelby GT on track and, it too is faster then the older car. Now if either of the Mike brothers would be so kind as to turn over the keys.......

No apologies necessary, as no offense was taken.

If we are ever at an event together you are more than welcome to drive my 350, and then do a comparison with the 2015-16 version.

Having driven both (2011-14 SAI 350 and 2016 Ford 350) I would agree that the cars do have different "feels" - but I do not necessarily believe that a "stock" 2016 Shelby GT would necessarily be faster around a track (depending on track configuration and driver, of course) than MM's 350. Same may be said for a 2016 350, unless it is a track pack or an R, but I could be wrong. I also wonder weather a tech or base 2016 350 could hang in there for 20 minute sessions without additional cooling systems being added. As far as a drag race, I do not think that either 2016 (Shelby GT or 350) could easily best MM's car. His car simply packs too much HP - but it is not "stock" in the regard.

I do agree that we should all have some damn fun (as per GP) and put the cars to a test at the next Team Shelby event.

No apologies necessary, as no offense was taken.

If we are ever at an event together you are more than welcome to drive my 350, and then do a comparison with the 2015-16 version.

Having driven both (2011-14 SAI 350 and 2016 Ford 350) I would agree that the cars do have different "feels" - but I do not necessarily believe that a "stock" 2016 Shelby GT would necessarily be faster around a track (depending on track configuration and driver, of course) than MM's 350. Same may be said for a 2016 350, unless it is a track pack or an R, but I could be wrong. I also wonder weather a tech or base 2016 350 could hang in there for 20 minute sessions without additional cooling systems being added. As far as a drag race, I do not think that either 2016 (Shelby GT or 350) could easily best MM's car. His car simply packs too much HP - but it is not "stock" in the regard.

I do agree that we should all have some damn fun (as per GP) and put the cars to a test at the next Team Shelby event.

To answer your question on the tech or base model, no, not without coolers added. I have a tech pack and will be adding them as they come out. The 2011 GT350 I drove on track was fast, no doubt but I truly believe they wont stay with the new stuff. The Shelby GT from SAI is a great car, I would love to add them to my stable and they certainly will hang with the new GT350 and may even be a bit faster. I would love to see a 3 way comparison between the 11-14 GT350, the Shelby GT and the GT350R. Damn fun!

To answer your question on the tech or base model, no, not without coolers added. I have a tech pack and will be adding them as they come out. The 2011 GT350 I drove on track was fast, no doubt but I truly believe they wont stay with the new stuff. The Shelby GT from SAI is a great car, I would love to add them to my stable and they certainly will hang with the new GT350 and may even be a bit faster. I would love to see a 3 way comparison between the 11-14 GT350, the Shelby GT and the GT350R. Damn fun!

So would I.

Let me understand what someone is saying here that a 2011 GT350 will not stay with a new 2016 GT350 on the track? Are you mad? Mine has just about 100 more HP than the 2016 and my suspension is upgraded a bit so yea when I finally get recovered from this injury I will get into this challenge.

This is not what this topic was about anyway.. based one some of the 2011 GT350's I have seen up For Sale and a few 2012-2014 GT350's yes indeed the new GT350 is hurting the resale value of SAI's version ​